Why not subscribe?

Saturday, November 06, 2010

Browser affects loan rate offers

I wasn't quite sure I believed Alex's posting that the attractiveness of a loan offer varied with the browser used. http://www.marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolution/2010/11/whats-in-your-wallet.html#comments so I have to try it myself. 

These queries were all done on the same machine sitting on the same desk within minutes of each other. For two  browsers, I did the same query a few minutes later and got the same results.

First, Firefox

Second, Microsoft Internet Explorer
Third, Safari


Fourth, Chrome (showing a bit of the context of the page)


This isn't unreasonable. Note this isn't the actual loan rates, just  the "as low as" rates designed to see if someone is interested. Any incoming information is fair game for marketing. Still, it's surprising.



No comments:

Post a Comment